Thursday 4 June 2015

Golden Flourish's

Hi everyone hope you are all well! I have for you today
a tag which  falls into the Challenge title which is 
'Summer is on its way'. Why not play along 
with us this month.


My tag today has been created by using the following Artistic
 Stamper Stamps, Flourish background, insects and
 butterflies & calligraphy mat 12.


I used the thinlets die to cut the shapes into a craft tag.
I had coloured a piece of card with adirondack washes 
then sprayed lightly with water to blend.


Next I tripple embossed using two coats of gold embossing powders 
and one of clear utee. I then stamped the flourish
stamp into the hot embossing powder.


I coloured the die cut craft tag with distress ink which I blended 
of the craft mat.  I spritzed with water to activate it.


Next I sprinkled gold embossing powder over it and heat set
from underneath to stop it blowing away.


I sprayed gently picket fence distress stain spray over that.


I used the same method to make the butterfly but I stamped it twice
and then built the butterfly up. Alcohol ink was
applied till I was happy
with the result.


Next I used glossy accents in the die cuts to highlight area's prior
to it drying fully I lightly sprinkled gold embossing
 powder & heat set. 


I matted it to lime green card then black I hope you have all 
enjoyed my post today and feel inspired to join 
with us this month in our challenge. 
As always I would love to know 
what you think.
Cheers Dee x

Products used
  1. Artistic stamper stamps flourish background, insects and butterflies, Calligraphy mat 12.
  2. Adriondack colour wash's stream, denim & lettuce
  3. Distress ink's chipped sapphire, pine needles & peeled paint.
  4. Alcohol ink's denim, stream & lettuce.
  5. Embossing powders utee & gold
  6. Glossy accents, distress stain spray picket fence



16 comments:

Helen said...

Fantastic tag, Dee; and the colours are stunning.

Julia S-W said...

Really beautiful colours, texture and composition. x

Sid said...

Love all your layers, the result is superb !

Jane said...

Wow Dee this is a stunning tag...so organic x

Artyjen said...

Great effect.....love the colours ;)
xoxo Sioux

Cocofolies said...

Your tag is absolutely wonderful Dee!!! I'm just wondering how (or when exactly) you cut aroung your triple embossed (in gold+clear) shapes, without risking to break them up?... Hugs, Coco xx

Juliz Design Post said...

A show stopper, stunning and elegant.
Julie x

mamablitger said...

Oh what a fabulous texture ! Love your project. It has fanntastic colors and texture.. Just love it.
Thank you so much for sharin

arelierbymary said...

Incredible effect :)

Kerstin F. said...

Wow that's really fantastic, many thanks!!

Jackie PN said...

Absolutely gorgeous and sooooo beautiful!!!!

sarascloset said...

This tag is so elegant and artistic! Pinned! I read through your post several times, and will be back again for note taking! I love your technique and am going to give it a try! Love it! Thank you, too, for your lovely comment on my blog! It made me so happy to read your kind words! :):) Sara Emily

Ellie Knol said...

gorgeous!

samantha wade said...

WOW, amazing love all the embossing, the butterfly is to die for.x

Words and Pictures said...

Stunning work, Dee - this is just amazing!
Alison x

Karen Petitt said...

Oh my word, another beautiful piece of art. I have to get myself some more MM supplies and start experimenting - this is so gorgeous, love the colours, the texture, everything. Thank you x