Monday 22 June 2015

A Swirl Of Colour


Hi everyone I feel like summer is here as I have just returned from Corfu.
I must say I fell in love with it and would Love to live 
there  (a dream me thinks!!!).
Back to the real world I have for you today a
butterfly and texture plaque.


I started by colouring a tag with Adirondack colour
wash which I then sprayed with water.


I put clear texture paste through the Swirl mask.


Once dry I cut out a strip and placed it across the middle
I sealed the whole thing with Matt sealer. 


Next I used antiquing cream to highlight the swirls or you could use
acrylic paint and just before its dry knock 
it back with a baby wipe.


A close up 


I stamped the butterfly x2 off the insect plate onto some extra card
 that had been coloured the same way as the main plaque.


I used versa fine black ink and clear embossed the butterfly
this got antiquated as well


Round the edges I used crackle paste and allowed to dry.


I used a torn page to go across the middle strip which 
i coloured with spiced marmalade distress ink.


The crackle paste was painted with acrylic paint to match it in.
I triple embossed create stamp and cut out
 the letters to form the art.


To finish off I highlighted it all with gilding wax.
Thank you for popping by & don't forget to
let me know what you think.
Cheers Dee x

Products used
  1. Adirondack Colour Wash in the following colours Butterscotch, Stream & Sunset Orange.
  2. Artistic Stamper stamps butterfly off the insects plate and creative stamp.
  3. Artistic stamper swirl mask.
  4. Texture paste, crackle paste, clear embossing powder, versa fine black onyx ink pad.
  5. Gilding wax. 




11 comments:

Notations of a Crafter said...

Gorgeous Dee, love the texture and the colours are fab xx

Sid said...

Fab !!

Astrid Maclean said...

Stunning Dee, - amazing background and I love the texture you manage to create on your stamped images! This looks wonderful!!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Just gorgeous, love the colours and the textures. Brilliant!

Gemma Hynes said...

Love the colour and texture. It looks such a tactile piece.

Inkypinkycraft said...

a gorgeous project , love the rich colours and the textures x

Candy C said...

Dee...this is a beautiful mixed media piece. The Color Wash, the texture paste flourishes, the crackle paste edging, the embossed butterfly...it is all simply beautiful. I also wanted to thank you for the very sweet comment you left on my blog.

mamablitger said...

Dee your tag turned out AWESOME. I'm just crazy about the texture and the colors. An that butterfly is stunning. Fantastic effect you achieved when adding crackle and the gilding stuff. Fabulous. Love your art.
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs from Monica... Spain

Karen Petitt said...

Oh my goodness! That is just stunning, in fact beyond stunning. An absolutely drop dead gorgeous pieced of art! Am in love with it! Thank you so much for sharing with us xx

Cocofolies said...

As stunning piece as usual Dee, with a fabulous texture, colours and butterfly that looks giant!!! :) Thanks for the how-to, Coco xx

Jackie PN said...

So beautiful Dee!! You know I love texture, and especially yours! Gorgeous piece! And welcome home! xo