Wednesday 4 March 2015

Golden Rain of The Dragonfly & Butterfly


Hi every one, I hope you are all well and are playing and being very crafty.  Today I 
have a project that I started a while ago that I added bits to each day. Well as
 you know The Artistic Stamper has released New Stamps
 this is what I created with the NEW! Butterflies plate.


I picked up a two wooden box's at a boot sale as I thought they were perfect for altering.
I am trying not to waffle so I will TRY!!! to give brief account of how I achieved 
this result. 


I covered the box in Gesso then once dry I used Deco art crackle paste through a Memory 
Box stencil, on the top I used plain texture paste through the same
 stencil & the Tim Holtz crocodile layering stencil. 
I allowed it all to dry over night 


I painted the entire box with Deco art Americana Desert Turquoise
and used Raw Umber on the edges. 
Left to dry over night.


Next I used the triple emboss technique with gold embossing powder
and stamped the Butterfly & dragonfly
X 2 on black card.


As in my previous post's I used alcohol ink to colour the butterfly &
dragonfly.


Once the box was dry I got out my Deco art Media misters and started spraying
everything! including whatever was on my desk and the 
floor lovely mess.


I highlighted the embossing on the insects. slightly with treasure gold


I embellished with cogs and beads from my stash.


All I can say about the Deco art misters is that they are really intense compared
to other brands and the turquoise shimmer is my new love it is
amazing I think this photo captures it beautifully.


The golden rain was a technique picked up on one of my blog catch up days and I 
changed it slightly I think it was called how to make your own pearl drops 
or something so I tried it and wasn't that happy so used
 treasure gold as well as the mica powder.


It is basically the melted glue from your hot glue gun brushed with mica 
powder and in my case treasure gold.



I attached the ornate lock.  


Luminarte H20's in the following colours key lime, Teal Zircon, Moss Agate, 
Sky Blue & Dutch Iris the pots were sprayed with water from a mini mister.
 I then used my finger to rub the colours over the surface until I was 
happy with the results. I brushed the treasure gold over the rest
 of the box to highlight the pattern.


I hope I didn't bore you all! I have tried to keep it as short as possible if you have 
any questions please feel free to ask.   

Products Used
  1. Deco Art Media line crackle paste, Misters in the following colours Yellow Green, Primary Cyan & Shimmer mister in Turquoise. Americana Desert Turquoise.
  2. Luminart H2o's Moss Agate, Sky Blue, Dutch Iris, Teal Zircon & Key Lime.
  3. Stencils Tim's layering stencil crocodile & memory box
  4. Alcohol Inks in lettuce, stream, and denim.
  5. Treasure Gold Spanish Topaz
  6. Texture paste
  7. Gesso 
  8. Embossing powders
  9. Artistic Stamper Butterflies 2
I really love the new stamps from the Artistic stamper so don't forget to have a look.
remember when you are out at a boot sale look beyond and imagine 
what that item could look like altered.
Let me know what you think.

Cheers Dee x




22 comments:

Fuchsia said...

How stunningly beautiful .
Didn't bore me at all x

massofhair said...

PLEASE DON'T CUT DOWN!!! I love reading your posts, the journey you took from start to finish, the layers & paints you used; do you know how full of inspiration your projects are Dee. I wish i had a tiny teeny amount of your talent...

Your box is exquisite, i hope you display it somewhere prominent. I LOVE all the DecoArt products i have tried so far and you inspire me to use them more:-) xxx

Karen Petitt said...

Same comment as Debs - please don't cut down telling us how you created this truly beautiful box!
I love it! I would love to own it too - a really stunning creation, thank you so much for sharing it with us Karen xx

experiments in paper said...

Stunning!! The detail here with all the texture, gems, color and stamps is fantastic, and quite inspiring. And another vote for NOT CUTTING DOWN!! You've got me curious to try my new Deco Art misters soon....the turquoise you show here is fabulous! xx Lynn

Kathi said...

Wow! I saw this box on FB and had to come here to read more about it!

Thanks so much for the description of your creative process. Your results are gorgeous!

How did you adhere the tiny gears on the dragonfly?

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Dee,
You have created amazing texture here on your box, everything you have done works so well, it is a special project no doubt at all.
Smiles:)
Sue

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Fabulous textured box, Dee

Notations of a Crafter said...

Absolutely stunning, love the rain drops and the butterflies are just amazing

Artyjen said...

Lovley....got to love golden rain! ;)
xoxo Sioux

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Gorgeous box, fantastic texture. I agree, please no cutting down, love all the details. Happy crafting, Angela x

Jools Robertson said...

This is amazing, love the colours, textures and the equisite details
Love the melted gold, stunning

Jools x

sarascloset said...

FAB-U-LAAAS!

Corrie Herriman said...

Love everything about this box ! Gorgeous !
COrrie x

Kirsten said...

Wow! That is stunning.

Astrid Maclean said...

Amazing Dee!!! The background is just stunning and your insects like always, look incredible! A truly gorgeous box!!

Words and Pictures said...

Beyond stunning, Dee - the insects look absolutely magical, and I love those glue drips! A complete triumph... I really must try your triple-embossing some time soon - it's a fabulous effect.
Alison xx

Brigitte said...

Just one word : gorgeous !!!!

Jackie PN said...

Exquisite Dee!!

Deborah Wainwright said...

Wow! Dee this is stunning. I too love DecoArt products especially the media mists. You have used them to perfection love it! Z

Cocofolies said...

Wow!!! What an amazing project Dee!!!! Everything, especially the butterflies and dragonflies, are absolutely exquisite, the texture and colours are fabulous, as well as these drops using hot glue... Thank you for the details! Coco x

samantha wade said...

WOW, so beautiful, a real work of art.xx

Unknown said...

This is amazing. Fantastic work