Tuesday 10 February 2015

How does your garden grow?

Hello all!  Alison (butterfly) here with a gentle tag for you today.  I've been playing with some of the lovely new gardening stamps just released here at The Artistic Stamper.  There are some fantastic new releases.  If you haven't seen them yet, do check them out.

So here's my relaxing garden tag - a fairly simple affair, but it gives me lots of pleasure.


I started by putting Distress Ink onto a large acetate gridblock, spritzing it with water and stamping onto a watercolour paper tag.  I did some spritzing and flicking of water to create even more of a textured look.


The fork and spade from Garden #1 are stamped in a combination of Coffee and Potting Soil Archival inks and clear embossed.


I stamped the very useful "extra bit of earth" from Garden #2 next to the main image, so as to 'fade out' the earth rather than have it stop abruptly.


I added another layer by stamping the tiny bubbles from the Borders 2 plate in colours to coordinate with the background.  And there's plenty of white splatter to create more life and movement.


The sentiment is from a PaperArtsy set, and is stamped in graduated Archival inks - Cobalt, Leaf Green and Olive, I think, and then clear-embossed as usual.


I tried out a number of different embellishments, but each time I preferred the simpleness of the tag without any extras until I suddenly remembered these tiny wooden confetti circles, hiding in my stash.


I glued them in place and gave them a tiny swipe of Chalk Fresco paint from one angle.


The Distress-dyed ribbons at the top are tied with some Idea-ology paper string, and the whole thing is mounted on some distressed corrugated cardboard for that rustic look.


And that's your lot for today.  Thanks so much for stopping by - your comments and visits really mean so much.

I hope you'll come and play along in our Love challenge here at The Artistic Stamper this February.  You don't have to use Artistic Stamper stamps, but if you do you'll qualify for a double entry in the prize draw.  What have you got to lose?!  Happy crafting!

Ingredients used:
Artistic Stamper stamps - Garden #1, Garden #2, Borders #2 A6
Distress Inks - Broken China, Stormy Sky, Vintage Photo, Gathered Twigs, Walnut Stain, Peeled Paint, Mowed Lawn, Pine Needles
Archival Inks - Coffee, Potting Soil, Cobalt, Leaf Green, Olive
Fresco Paints - Chalk
Seam binding
From my stash - watercolour paper, paper string, corrugated cardboard, wooden confetti, sentiment stamp

25 comments:

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Beautiful tag, Alison. Distress ink background is lovely!! wonderful use of new Artistic stamper garden stamps!!

Helen said...

Fabulous bright, fresh tag, looks just like a garden after a brief shower of rain. Love the little embellies you found!

Sid said...

Fab tag !

toni said...

Gorgeous tagAlison ! Love the background, how did you get such lovely water droplets ? Those stamps look great too will be checking them out toni x

Astrid Maclean said...

Great looking tag with some fabulous background techniques!

Redanne said...

This is a gorgeous tag Alison, far too beautiful to cover up - that bubble stamp has now shot right up to (nearly) the top of my wish list!! Anne xx

Amanda said...

Lovely gentle looking tag, great background. I feel relaxed now!
Love
Amanda x

sarascloset said...

Love this garden tag! The background is fantabulous and now must add that bubbles stamp to my list. Love the way you graduated the inks for the sentiment! Gorgeous artwork!

Jackie PN said...

Simplicity at it's finest Alison!
I do love the stamps you used thanks so much for sharing xo

Pamellia said...

Just gorgeous Alison! Here I thought it was two different tags, but it's actually one amazing tag with some beautifully blended colours! Such a great spring time palette, love it! hugs :)

Unknown said...

How adorable! Love the tag! It reminds me I need to get my garden cut back :/ xx

Kay Wallace said...

What a lovely tag, Alison! I am in such a great need of Spring colors and thoughts of gardening amid the piles of snow in New England that are taller than I. Sweet set of stamps here, and the quote is oh-so-true!

Lys said...

Oooh ! Now you made this beautiful tag, how can we wait for Spring ? I always loved your bubbles, Alison, but here this is oxygen and it's purely perfect!

Kirsten said...

Gorgeous tag. The background is fab & I love the little circles.

cathylynn said...

Your tag is lovely and I think I have spring fever now. Yep I'm ready to trade my snow blower for a shovel and rake. Love all of the movement your tag radiates! Great job!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Corrie Herriman said...

Lovely tag, I really like that Distressed background. Makes we want Spring to come !
Corrie x

Jools Robertson said...

Beautiful, amazing colours and effects
So spring like, looking forward to seeing these brighter colours

Jools x

Anonymous said...

A beautiful tag.
Wishes
Lynne

Dorthe said...

Beautiful fresh lovely spring, comes to my mind seing your tag, dear Alison,- So wonderful and sweeet, and I love the qoute you used.
Dorthe, xo

Deb said...

So lovely, makes me want to get out into the garden and get planting (if there wasn't two feet of snow on top of it!). Beautiful fresh spring colours and the stamps are wonderful, love the bubbles!

Julie Lee said...

Ah, now I see how you got that beautiful droplet effect. You are always so inspirational, Alison and you have such great ideas that aren't impossible to achieve - I always feel as if I'm peeping over your shoulder watching - sorry, hope that doesn't sound creepy and off-putting. Whatever you create, I always feel like going off and creating too! And maybe I should also help the family with some tidying in the garden soon too! xx

www.deeadamsart.blogspot.co.uk said...

Lovely tag makes me feel like spring is actually coming! you have got to love distress inks. Dee x

Cocofolies said...

What a lovely tag by Alison!! It well showcases these cute new stamps and tools of gardening! :) Coco xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Tag, Alison! Love the background, it's just perfect for these lone garden tools, quietly waiting to be put to work! Lovely!! XOXO-Shari

Ruth said...

How beautiful and very spring like, lovely new stamps on a fabulous background. Ruth x