Friday 18 July 2014

Goose Grease Tag by Alison Hall

Hello Stampers! I have a large inky tag to share with you today.


Here's what I used...

Manila Tag - Size 10
Old Book Paper
Crunchy Waxed Kraft Paper
Ideaology Long Fasteners, Mini Gear, & Pen Nib
Blending Foam
Distress Tool
Sequin Waste
Paper Tape Measure (from a Christmas Cracker!)

And, here's what I did...

1. I used matt medium to glue some scraps of book paper to the tag, then realised that the matt medium resists ink! So, I added a thin coat of Fresco Snowflake paint.
2. I used blending foam to apply Cobalt Archival ink to the tag, sponged some of the ink through sequin waste, then stamped images from the Numerical & Ephemera Plates, using Cobalt, Watering Can & Potting Soil Archival inks.
3. I used blending foam to darken the edges of the tag with the Cobalt, then distressed the edges & applied Vintage Photo Distress ink.
4. I stamped Goose Grease & the words from Ephemera Plate 1 onto white smoothy card. I inked Goose Grease with Antique Linen Distress ink, cut him out, distressed the edges, then inked them with Vintage Photo. 


5. I cut out the words, distressed the edges, then inked with Vintage Photo Distress.
6. I tore a piece of crunchy wax kraft paper, crumpled it up, inked the edges & applied coppery gilding wax. I attached Goose Grease to the wax paper & tag with long fasteners, adding a mini gear & a pen nib.
7. I glued the words to the tag, then added the paper tape measure to the bottom with long fasteners.
8. Finally, I coloured some seam binding with Vintage Photo Distress Stain, crumpled it up, inked the creases with Potting Soil Archival, added some gilding wax, then threaded it through the top of my tag.
9. Oops...nearly forgot to say, I also added some glossy accents to the Prof's glasses!

If you click on the photos, you may just see the book paper texture in the background. 

I hope you like my tag. I really love the gorgeous colour of the Cobalt background against the kraft paper. 

Thanks for visiting,
Alison xxx


11 comments:

massofhair said...

Ooooh lovely colours, great embellishments, a rather wonderful combination, fantastic Tag:-) xxx

Anonymous said...

Terrific tag.

froebelsternchen said...

GORGEOUS!
FROEBELSTERNCHEN FROM AUSTRIA

Helen said...

Lovely tag!

Julie Lee said...

Love this colour combo! Also isn't crunched up waxed paper great? A lovely, vintage, steam-punky tag! Julie Ann xxx

www.deeadamsart.blogspot.co.uk said...

Hi like you love the contrast of the blue against the waxed paper, and the way you have built up the background. The more you look the more you see. Dee x

Unknown said...




Super, bravo
Monique

Corrie Herriman said...

Love the blue with the brown ! Gorgeous !
Corrie x

Astrid Maclean said...

Fabulous tag!! Love the stunning blue background and great use of the vocal stamp!! (Have made the same mistake with the medium lol.., but you solved it so well!)

Words and Pictures said...

What a terrific tag, Alison ... just love the depth of blue in the fabulous background, and the Goose Grease Gent looks great layered over the wax paper.
Alison xx

Anonymous said...

Love the textures and also your colour palette on this fabulous tag/
Wishes
Lynne