Saturday 1 February 2014

February 2014 Challenge- Use Distress

Hi to all of our blog readers

We do have to say a BIG thank you to everyone who joined in January's challenge, and I will be announcing the winner later in the month.
This month, we have another very talented guest joining us at The Artistic Stamper, Laura Bomber and you can see the first of Laura's  posts tomorrow.

Our new challenge for February is USE DISTRESS
 The whole team are really looking forward to seeing all your fabulous artwork and stamped projects that you submit in relation to this theme. To join in with this challenge (and you can join in as many times as you want), is simple; all we would like you to do is, make a piece of artwork, making sure that you include the theme and some rubberstamping. Pop back here to link up using the Froggy at the bottom of this post, so that we can see what you've made and then, leave us a comment to let us know you have joined in with the challenge. As always, there will be candy for one randomly picked entrant - the winner will receive £15 worth of The Artistic Stamper stamps of your choice. And don't forget....if you use Artistic Stamper stamps on your entry, you will entered into the draw, twice!!!!

To get you in the mood  here are some gorgeous makes from myself and Astrid.

Astrid
 For this challenge I decided to make a so called ATB (Artist Trading Block). There has been a lot of buzz about these and there is now even a die available from Sizzix to cut them. Really they are cubes, giving you 6 sides to have fun with, and for this challenge I used lots of Distress products of course. As the die is not yet available in the UK, I just cut my own. I will post instructions of how to do this on my own blog in a few days time. Meanwhile, here you can see some of it:


I used Distress Stains, Distress Inks, lots of lovely Ideaology Findings and of course stamps: Chicken wire background, Calligraphic Mat 12 and Winged Wheel

Jennie
I have altered a mini board book with Distress paints to use as a mini journal. I put lots of Distress paint on the cover and sprayed it with water to get it to smoosh around.

 



Allow it to dry thoroughly or heat dry. I love the Distress paints as they will cover a multitude of sins, and are very opaque. Perfect for covering up. I used some of Tim's rub-ons to add detail, and used The Artistic Stamper Masks with paint too. Add the paint to a blending tool foam to get more accuracy when using a mask. Stamp the journaling stamp with Archival in various colours.




This little book is perfect for when you have the need to spend a little time journaling :)
I used Distress paints, The Artistic Stamper masks, Journaling Words #5, Archival Inks, Idea-ology Rub-ons, and chitchat stickers


We hope you will join in this month's challenge and look forward to seeing you creations. Don't forget to add a comment when you have posted your entry.
Have a very creative month
{hugs}
Jennie

20 comments:

Juliz Design Post said...

Love a Distress Challenge
Good Luck to everyone who enters

Julie x

Deborah Wainwright said...

I love what you have both achieved great inspiration. I cannot wait to play xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous projects. I'm in love with ATBs & Astrid's is wonderful. And I'm hugely impressed by Jennie's altered board book, it looks fantastic.

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous projects from you both, lots of lovely distress xx

Annie said...

Great challenge and wonderful makes. TFS and hope to join in

Annie x

Words and Pictures said...

Fabulous projects - this should get people buzzing alright!
Alison xx

massofhair said...

Fab challenge this month. Have just been and bought myself some wooden sized ATBlocks which i cannot wait to play with. Loving this new trend and can see me making a lot of them!
Great projects by your designers this month :-) xxx

May said...

Fabulous creations from both...Hugs May x x x

Paper Profusion said...

Fabulous inspiration thank-you ladies. Nicola x

Ginger said...

lovely samples. x

Karen Petitt said...

Thanks for another great challenge and the gorgeous DT inspirations x

Karen Petitt said...

Just added another entry and will probably be back again soon x

WendyK said...

Great projects and inspiration. Have just found this challenge, love a bit of distress

Tammy said...

Great challenge and fabulous creations!
Tammy x

Maya said...

Thank you for a wonderful challenge, and for all the fab inspiration from the DT :)
I am a day late linking up my card, as my internett connection got MIA yesterday :(
But back up now!
Have a wonderful day,
hugs from Maya

LisaVeronica said...

cool challenge :) I´m in!

Cocofolies said...

Fabulous projects using distress, thanks so much for this very cool challenge! Have a lovely week-end. Coco x

hazel said...

Great projects from the team - I've just added my entry.
xxx Hazel.

Nikki Acton said...

Entered for the first time!

Jane said...

A great theme and DT cards, I have really enjoyed this theme, thanks so much x