Friday 1 March 2013

March Challenge ~ Tags

Hi everyone and can you believe I am already saying, welcome to March?!? Where has this year gone!!!

Thank you so much for all your wonderful entries for February. We had so many fabulous creative pieces from you all and we will be announcing one very lucky winner in the next few days, so make sure you check back to see if it's you!!

During February, we had the pleasure of having the very talented Alison Bomber join us as our Guest Designer and on behalf of the team, Jennie and I would like to say a big thank you to Alison, for all her hard work and for the stunning creations that she made and shared with us. This month, we have Jenny Marples joining us here on the blog and I'm sure you will all love what Jenny has to share in her first post tomorrow and throughout March.

The new challenge for March is all about TAGS and the whole team are all looking forward to seeing all the wonderful and varied creations that you submit. To join in with this challenge is simple; make a piece of artwork, making sure that you include the theme and some rubberstamping. Pop back here to link up using the Froggy at the bottom of this post, so that we can see what you've made and then, leave us a comment to let us know you have joined in with the challenge. As always, there will be candy for one randomly picked entrant - the winner will receive £15 worth of The Artistic Stamper stamps of your choice plus the Kling On to mount them onto. And don't forget....if you use Artistic Stamper stamps on your entry, you will entered into the draw, twice!!!!

If you do need any inspiration, then look no further than our Creative Team's stunning creations for this month's challenge.


TITBELSOEUR
I cut my tag in a strong cardboard and covered it with a slight coat of gesso. Then I stamped Family values on the top to make a background.All the things I glued on it come from my recycling stash (flower and ribbon from an old pair of jeans, lace from underwear, etc..).
The fabulous dress-maker is stamped on a kraft envelope.

My large size 10 tag has a background of Tim Holtz Tissue Tape, lightly gessoed, then I used stamps from the following sets...


Seeing as Easter is only around the corner, I thought it would be nice to bring some sunshine to this long winter and for my piece, I used a large size 10 tag and covered it with Distress Ink, before stamping the background with one of the stamps from the Borders A6 #2 plate and the Swirls Splats and Dots. I then added die cuts using the Easter Element Die and the Tattered Floral Die. I painted the chipboard bunny and his little bow with Adirondack Paint dabbers and the flowers are coloured using Squeezed Lemonade and Shaded Lilac Distress Inks. The Butterfly is die cut from Grungepaper and coloured with Shaded Lilac DI and then I stamped over the top with the Mini Polka Dot Background Stamp. To complete the tag, I dyed some seam binding using Squeezed Lemonade and Shaded Lilac Distress Stain.

We hope you will join in with this month's challenge and we're really looking forward to seeing your interpretation of our theme and all your amazing creations and artwork. Please, don't forget to add a comment when you post your entry.

I hope you all have a happy and very creative month.
See you soon...
Emma x



16 comments:

Norma Gomez said...

Beautiful DT tags, thanks for the inspiration!

Helen said...

Gorgeous tags by the DT. hoping Spring springs soon...!

Paula Whittaker said...

Fab DT work....always inspirational x

Barb King said...

Great examples, I'm joining in!

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiful design team samples! Love this theme. Off to put my thinking cap on...

paperpapier said...

Just entered my tag. Beautiful and creative inspirations from the dts...

Chris said...

The DT work really is inspirational! Have had a scroll through your blog and there are some fabulous creations! I'll be back!
Chris
x

Claudia N. said...

I LOVE tags and the DT pieces are really inspirational!

Hugs,

die amelie x

klistersøster said...

I just found your blog, and it's so inspirering for me, that I felt that I had to send you my tag...

Annie said...

Great challenge and fabulous inspiration by the Design Team.
Delighted to play along

CRafty Hugs

Annie x

Becky said...

I have actually done it this month.I am loving what people have done.

Becky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pearshapedcrafting said...

Been away so hadn't been looking at many blogs or even thinking about challenges - glad to be back! Brilliant inspiration from the Design Team - as ever! Chrisx

ionabunny said...

Hi great work from the DT. I have linked a tag but can't find any rules to say if there is a limit on entries. Can I link a second project?

Maggie said...

Great DT tags so glad I was able to play this month only just made it!!

MaggieH

Claudia N. said...

Your "tag" challenge is my absolute favourite! Thank you for chosing this theme! :))

Hugs,
die amelie x