Monday 25 June 2012

THOSE PESKY BIRDS JOURNAL PAGE By Kat

Hi all, Kat here,
I have made a journal page to share with you today,
I haven't made it in a journal as I like the freedom a loose leaf gives me,
when I have made enough loose pages I am going to make them into a book.

I finally remembered to take pictures of the process,
I am really pleased with this page I hope you like it!

It features one of my empathy monsters (he is called Meenie)
I drew him myself, along with the flower,
he has 3 brothers Eenie, Mineey & Moe,
that I am sure I will be introducing you to in my pages at a later date,
along with their own special flowers,
anyway enough waffle from me, here's my page.
I would like to show you a close up of Meenie,
the birds have made their home on his head
& he is not to happy about it, LOL
another bird coming in to land
& others are circling over head
he's not getting any peace today,
Arr bless him.
OK on to the background,

the photos are self explanatory & the items I used are in them
so less typing for me, yaha!
I will list all the ingredients after the photos.






Here's what I used,

weathered wood, antique linen
 bundled sage, broken china, picket fence

vintage photo, gathered twigs, rusty hinge,
wild honey, brushed corduroy, worn lipstick

jet black


Stamps I used,


sequin waste open & ink blot,

from my stash,

my own images drawn by me & then coloured with pro markers,
the phrase typed on the computer,
patterned papers, staples & ribbon

well I think that's everything,
Hope you like it!

back soon,
Kat x

9 comments:

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

Meenie is so funny ! thanks for sharing your technique

Artyjen said...

Fabby background and a great empathy monster too ;)
xoxo Sioux

Redanne said...

I love Meenie, you should make him into a stamp. Love your flower too and the background is fabulous, thanks for showing how you achieved it. A x

Kyla said...

Yes...stamp of Meenie please! X

craftytrog said...

Love your cute images, great page Kat! xox

Janny Jager said...

Great page Kat
Love the way you showed us how you made it.

Greetings Janny

Sid said...

Looks fab !!

Chris said...

Hi Kat, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

Anonymous said...

Wonderful page, the background is fantastic - thanks for the great photos. And of course, Meenie is gorgeous.