Wednesday 20 June 2012

Taller Alice by Emma

Hi everyone!
I can't believe that it's already time for me to share my second piece of the month...time is flying but here it is, I hope you like it...

To begin with...

I "splodged" some Weathered Wood and Antique Linen Distress Stains onto my craft mat, spritzed them with water and then dragged a large tag through the colour to give a good coverage of colour all over. I then spritzed the tag with Melted Chocolate Dylusions Spray and using the Letter Jumble Stencil, I dabbed Weathered Wood DI through part of the numbers section.

Next, I used the some Tumble Glass DI and applied this randomly over areas of my tag using the Dotted Flowers Stencil before finally stamping the edges in Black Archival Ink, using one of the stamps from the Borders A6 #2 stamp plate and matting the complete image onto a piece of brown card.

I inked up the Taller Alice stamp from the Mabel Lucie Attwell collection, stamped onto a textured cream card and painted it with Distress Marker Pens. I then blended the edges with Vintage Photo and Antique Linen DI, before stamping them with the bubble dots stamps from the Borders A6 #2 stamp plate.

Using the Movers and Shapers Mini Tattered Florals Die, I made five dimensional blooms and sprayed each of them with Postbox Red Dylusions Spray.

I added these to my tag, together with leaves and branches die cut from card using the Movers and Shapers Mini Branch and Leaves Set.

I used the "All Of Life Is A Journey" stamp and stamped it onto a piece of card, blended with DI and cut the card into a banner shape before adding it to my tag.
Finally, I coloured some seam binding with Fired Brick Distress Stain and tied it into a bow.

Thank you, so much for taking the time to come and look at what I've created...I'll really look forward to reading all your comments.

See you all again soon.
Emma x

18 comments:

craftytrog said...

Your tag is a work of art Emma! I love those blooms! xox

Moni said...

Beautiful card, lovely image and fab details. Hugs, moni

Sid said...

Lovely work !!

Helen said...

Beautiful!!

Ginger said...

I love the TH flowers, they look fabulous on this tag. Carol x

Jennie Atkinson said...

A gorgeous tag Emma and I love the extra dimension. Your flowers are fabulous! x

Artyjen said...

Lush flowers and very artistic ;)
xoxo Sioux

Zuzu's Blog said...

OOooo very beautiful...

Inkypinkycraft said...

A lovelypiece,the flowers arecgreat! Trace x

Shirley Davis (crafter) said...

Magnificent, a veritable mistresspiece (masterpiece may be pc but this is such beautifully feminine work).

Unknown said...

Love your flowers. Love Alice. Together=Perfect Emma :) xx

Jingle said...

This is just wonderful!

Janny Jager said...

Beautiful card .lovely images and fab details.

Greetings Janny

Liz McGuire, said...

Like all Emma's work it's gorgeous!

Liz x

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Absolutely gorgeous! xx

Astrid Maclean said...

Gorgeous, totally love it!

Dragon said...

Particularly lie the flowers
Frankie
xx

Julie Brooks said...

Such a beautiful project - it must have taken hours!