Wednesday 13 June 2012

Shabby Wall Hanger by Astrid

Good morning everyone. This is Astrid here with my very first post for the Artistic Stamper. I am very honoured to be part of the team and look forward to share some of my creations using The Artistic Stampers wonderful line of stamps.
For my first project I decided to create a little wall hanging;
I started by cutting a piece of 4 x 6 Kraft card. In the centre I sloshed on a thick layer of the Terra Sahara and stamped the wetted Chicken Wire Background stamp into it to add lots of texture to my project. I love how the background stamps lend themselves so well to this kind of technique. I let the Terra dry overnight and the next day I coloured it with Black Paint Dabber and when that was dry rubbed some Viva Inka Gold lightly over it to give it some sheen.
I stamped the Music Background Stamp in Archival Coffee on some smooth white card stock and spunched some Antique Linen and Vintage Photo distress ink over it to give it an aged look. I tore a rough edge, edged it with Walnut Stain Distress Ink and glued it on either side of the central panel. I also adhered some lace from my stash with Claudine Helmutt Matte Medium
I stamped and cut out three of the stamps from the Time and Keys stamp set in Archival Black on thick white cardstock, and sponged some Antique Linen and Vintage photo around them.
I then glued the clock stamp onto one of the Tim Holtz Idea-ology Locket Keys  and glued that to the hanger.
Finally I finished my project by adding one of my home made roses and some little silk roses from my stash. To complete the hanger I still added some Link Chain to hang it by with a couple of jump-rings
Well, I hope you enjoyed this little project, thank you for stopping by and I will see you again later in the month.

15 comments:

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

Wow ! Astrid ! this piece is gorgeous, as usual !! Love it !

Redanne said...

Beautiful wall hanging, love all the textures and the saying is so appropriate. A x

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Welcome Astrid to the wonderful world of The Artistic Stamper! Loving your first piece :))
x

Artyjen said...

The central embossed panel is super and a great piece all round ;)
xoxo Sioux

Jennie Atkinson said...

A beautiful hanging Astrid with so many different styles and textures. A great first piece - I am really looking forward to seeing your projects. x

Zuzu's Blog said...

nice vintage looking hanging.. right up my ally as they say.. and congratulations on your first DT post. x

Janny Jager said...

Very very nice

Greetings Janny

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

A great creation! Love the details...

greetings, ALie :-)

Marisa Job said...

Beautiful wall hanging Astrid! Love the vintage details!!

Netty said...

Loving your grungy hanging Astrid, x

Ann said...

Stunning art work Astrid , Love it!!
Ann x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful piece, I love the central panel.

craftytrog said...

A beautiful piece of vintage art Astrid xox

Emma Williams said...

A gorgeous piece of artwork Astrid...welcome to the team!!
Emma xx

My name is Cindy said...

A lovely littlepiece Astrid! Didn't know you were on the DT her, can't keep up with everyone these days!! Hugs Cindy