Friday 22 June 2012

Playing cards album by Titbelsoeur

Coucou la compagnie !

A big thank you for leaving so many comments on my first blog post ! 
Today, I can't wait to show you this... thing... anyway !

My first intent was to use 14 playing cards, from 1 to Joker... 
then the idea came to transform the characters (king, queen and the guy-I-don't-know-how-you-name-him-in-English-cards) with pictures kept here and there on the web... 
then the idea came to use the lyrics of an old never-ending nursery rhyme aiming to teach the days of the week to little children... 
then I searched other pictures for all the cards...
then I started painting, first white to blur the backgrounds... second blue and yellow...
then I stamped the marvelous The Artistic Stamper stamps I don't get enough of (sounds English, huh?)
then I glued the pics
and I stamped the text... letter by letter... don't wanna talk about this, I'd better forget ;-)
Anyway, here is the... thing:
Those of you who know me already suspect I COULD NOT stop there !
They are right!
A little sardine tin was wandering around... I have put make-up on her, and look how happy she is now, and how smart she is with her little slippers ! And how proud for hosting such a nice playing card mini-album !

Stamps I used :


I hope you like my project,
thanks for stopping by, 
I am looking forward to reading your comments ! 
See you again soon...
Titbelsoeur

19 comments:

Jacqueline said...

WOW !!! THAT is stunning!! Congratulations on such beautiful work!

Jackie xx

Anonymous said...

It's a WOW from me too!!! That is SO gorgeous!!!!!

Helen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Helen said...

Sorry, make that 3 WOW's. (We call it the Jack, or Knave) This is just gorgeous, the cards are just beautifully decorated and the tin, I love it!!

Deborah said...

Absolutely stunning!!!

Jenny Marples said...

Incredible!!! Love the idea of using playing cards this way.
My son used blank ones to draw/paint on for his Art exam. They are such a good size.
Looking forward to seeing your next project. Hugs, Buttons x

My name is Wynneth said...

Awesome work ! loving it all
hugs
wynneth
x

Astrid Maclean said...

Such an imaginative fun project Tit, wow indeed, love it!!

Zuzu's Blog said...

very cool item, and so much too look at.... super work.
Z x

Joanne said...

What clever art. Love your imagination and especially your post. Your humour came across on both counts. Can't wait for your next project.
Hugs Joanne xx

Elaine said...

What a great project, lovely colours, I feel really inspired. Elaine

craftytrog said...

It's beautiful, I love it!!
Alison xox

Jeanne-Sylvie said...

A true eye candy!And what an imagination !There are so many lovely details to look at!

Redanne said...

Your project is stunning, I love using sardine tins too, some people think it strange but you are proof that it is not strange at all - but brilliant!

Mme PiNat said...

Whaouuuuu again miss ;-) Alors là, avec la boite et toi, yahou moi je dis !!! J'adore j'adore j'adore et tu fais que des trucs géniaux ;-) Bisous tout plein !

Janny Jager said...

What a great Idea.
Very very nice piece of art.
love it very much.

Greetings Janny

Karine 63 said...

L'idée de la boîte à sardine est "so fab!"!!! Superbe accordéon!
Bravo! Bisous

Artyjen said...

A Crazy creative thing of beauty :)
xoxo Sioux

Ellie Knol said...

LOVE it!