Sunday 10 June 2012

Girl With Clock by Emma


Hi everyone!
Hope you're all having a good month, so far and I really can't believe that it's already time for my first piece of June. I decided to get inky again and for this particular piece I was inspired by the one of my favourite artists, Klimt ~ I hope you like it...

To begin with...
I "splodged" some Mustard Seed and Wild Honey Distress Stains onto my craft mat, spritzed them with water and then dragged a piece of card through them to give a good coverage of colour all over. Next, I stamped directly onto the inked background using the following stamps, the large swirl from the Tick Tock stamp plate and two of the border stamps from the Borders A6 #2 stamp plate.

Once the inks were dry, I used the Snow Cap Adirondack Paint Dabber and dabbed the paint randomly over the background using the Circle Grid Crafters Workshop Template. I then matted it onto some purple and cream cardstock from my stash. 
Next, I stamped the Girl With Clock stamp onto watercolour paper using black Archival Ink and painted the image with Distress Marker Pens but used a waterbrush to soften the colours from the pens for more of a vintage look. I cut around the outline of the image and using 3D foam attached it to a further piece of card. I then blended Mustard Seed and Wild Honey DI around the edges of my mounted image and stamped random areas of the border with one of the stamps from the Borders A6 #2 stamp plate. I matted my completed artwork onto some black, gold and purple card before attaching it to my inked background. 
I then painted the 22 x 22cm Collage Frame with the Gold Adirondack Paint Dabber and applied a generous layer of Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint over the top. Once it was dry, I gently brushed the surface to accentuate the crackles with Vintage Photo DI. I then added my picture to the centre of the frame and added a layer of Multi Medium over the top.

Finally, I added a chain to the top, which I've had in my stash for ages to complete the frame. 
Well, that's about it for me and thank you, so much for taking the time to come and look at what I've created...I'll really look forward to reading all your comments.

See you all again soon.
Emma x

13 comments:

Louise said...

This is gorgeous, TFS x

Jenny Marples said...

An amazing piece of artwork Emma. So much to take in especially your delicious background. It's good to get inspiration from the greats! Thanks for sharing, hugs Buttons x

Inkypinkycraft said...

Love the background colours and details! Hugs trace x

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...wow Emma this is an awesome piece, so much detail...Mel :)

Astrid Maclean said...

A stunning piece Emma, love it with a big L!!!

maria's knutselplezier said...

What a beautifull picture did you make!!!Not only the front is very beautifull but I olso like the background a lot!!Perfect image!!Love it!!

Greetings
Maria

Redanne said...

Oh, very Klimt like and very, very beautiful. Wonderful piece.

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

Wow ! how gorgeous it is !!!

Shirley Davis (crafter) said...

Excellent and inspirational for someone who has not yet taken up the 'get down with inks' challenge of crafting life!

Artyjen said...

I'm in awe of that background...so very Klimpt like ;) A scrummy piece.
xoxo Sioux

Anonymous said...

An absolutely stunning piece of art work Emma!!
xx

Janny Jager said...

It lokes great
Very nice colors.

Greetings Janny

Kat said...

what a fab creation Emma,
I love your background,
great piece of art.
Kat x.