Saturday 9 June 2012

Blooms And Butterflies by Alison

Hi there Stampers! I fallen in love with a Tim Holtz technique called brushless watercolour, so I decided to use it on my Summery hanging piece I have for you today.


I tore a page out of a book of watercolour card, & left the ripped edge on as I like this look.
I stamped the daisies from Botanical plate 1, using distress stains, allowed the ink to sink into the card, then spritzed lightly with water, before drying with a heat gun. I used the same technique to stamp the butterflies from the Insects & Butterflies Plate. This Brushless Watercolour technique is one of the many to be found in Tim holtz's fabulous Compendium of Curiosities Volume Two.
I stamped the word Bloom, using dusty concord distress ink, then inked the edges of the card with broken china & dusty concord ink.
I attached my artwork to a piece of corrugated packaging, using a tiny attacher. I wrapped some jute twine around, & tied a bow, then threaded some twine through some Ideaology silver link chain, & attached it to the top with brads.
I hope you like my Summery hanging, enjoy the sunshine!
Alison xox

19 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW its so stunning I love it, it makes you think of sunshine, which we badly need xxx

Dragon said...

very pretty!!
Frankie
xx

Louise said...

It's lovely x

Louise said...

It's lovely x

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...tis a beautiful summer hanging piece, loVe this technique too...Mel :)

Julia S-W said...

Soft, feminine and beautiful. Julia

Sam & Poppy said...

Completely inspirational, shall have to give this a try.
A gorgeous work of art,
have a lovely weekend, Sam x

Lucy said...

Beautiful! Great technique,

Lucy x

hazel said...

This is so lovely Alison.
xxx Hazel.

mark gould said...

It looks brilliant. Love the colours. Your work on here has been great. Mark.

Emma Williams said...

Gorgeous technique and a beautiful piece of artwork...FAB!
Love Emma xx

Marjie Kemper said...

Love this technique! The kraft backing goes so well with it. Beautiful hanging!

Astrid Maclean said...

It's a wonderful technique and I love the soft summery colours you have used. Great hanging!

Anonymous said...

Just so pretty with the colours and a favourite look of mine is pretty against the rugged appearance of corrugated cardboard.
Wishes
Lynne

Redanne said...

Great technique, love the subtle colours and your clever use of the corrugated card too.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Great hanging, looks fab.

Janny Jager said...

Beautiful


Greetings Janny

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

this is such a good idea ! thanks for sharing !!

Artyjen said...

Makes a great looking piece...love the colours and the technique.
xoxo Sioux