Saturday 18 February 2012

Family Values by Alison

Hello Stampers! This week I've got a little lavender pouch to show you.


I stamped the image from the Family Values plate twice onto cream calico fabric, using jet black Stazon ink. I cut around one image with pinking shears, then cut out some words on the other image. I coloured the words with pink perfect pearl mist, then glued them in place with Ranger Glossy Accents. I then sewed buttons around the edge of the image.


Next, I cut some backing from floral fabric, using pinking shears. I sewed the pieces of fabric together, trapping an edging of lace in between, & adding a loop of ribbon in one corner. Before sewing the last short edge, I inserted a piece of wadding & some dried lavender.


Here's my sachet, hanging on one of my favourite tops, ready to go in the wardrobe. I may have to make a couple more of these, ready for Mothering Sunday next month! ;o)

Thanks for looking!
Alison xox



11 comments:

shirley said...

Lovely Alison! Love all the buttons around the vintage image.

Sarah said...

Aaaw, that's so sweet and such a fabulous idea. Looks really wonderful and gives me a great vintage vibe...think I made my last one when I was about 10!

Helen said...

Such pretty fabric and I love the lace. The stamped impage on the other side is a lovely one. Bet it smells gorgeous!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fantastic idea, looks great.

Sid said...

Love your lavender bag !!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Love your lavender sachet, great idea and lovely image Alison. Tracy x

Janny Jager said...

Love the looks of your lavendel sachet
A nice idea for a gift.

Janny

hazel said...

I love it Alison, it's so pretty and I bet it smells lovely.
xxx Hazel.

Kirsten Alicia said...

Very pretty.

Emma Williams said...

Fabulous piece, Alison...so pretty and such a great idea!
Love Emma xx

Artyjen said...

Perfect vintage look ;)
xoxo Sioux