Friday 14 October 2011

Poison Plume Letter: Laura Liddell

D

Since it is October, Halloween month, most blogs are featuring this theme in some way or other, whether it be spooky, creepy or sinister. When looking through The Artistic Stamper stamps I came across this set which really took my fancy. Airmail Bird Collage Elements. The ravens head is just superb and I liked the other elements that went with it. The only stamp I added was the Pen nibs at the bottom which is a Tim Hotz stamp, which are also stocked at The Artistic Stamper.

 Because of the Halloween themes that are currently dominating I decided to use it to create a Poison Pen Letter, but felt because of the images I would rename it a Poison Plume Letter. I picked up the feather on one of my walks to add to the piece.

After stamping the script stamp onto manila card stock I then used one of The Artistic Stampers background textures stamps over the top and clear embossed it to create a resist texture. This one is called Distress Background. Distress Inks, Old Paper, Gathered Twigs and Frayed Burlap maybe a hint of Walnut Stain on the edges was then applied.

The crown, as ever is my fav metal from a Tomato puree tube which has been cut from Heart Wings Tim Holtz die and then run through a Texture Fade folder to give it dimension. This is then rubbed with Stazon to create more definition. The Texture Fade called Distressed Frame and Postal set is one I have been using quite a bit recently. You can see the stamped letter has been placed inside the Distressed Frame embossed paper. These items are available from The Artistic Stamper. Just follow the links.

The stamps used are:
Airmail Bird Collage Elements
Artful Artifacts
Distress Background Stamp

6 comments:

Sid said...

Great creation !!

Artyjen said...

Fabulous creation....love the idea of a plume letter! :) I agree that ravens head is superb.
xoxo Sioux

Inkypinkycraft said...

This is fab and I am loving the tomato puree tube, I must try this!!great trace x

fatmonica said...

It's brilliant!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wonderful raven mail. Looks fabulous.

craftytrog said...

Absolutely brilliant artwork! Love it Laura! x