Friday 27 May 2011

Room for Improvement! by Nicky Cresswell

Good day fellow crafters, I hope you are well and happily creating art.
This is my last piece of the Mabel month and I saved the best for last.
I created a door plaque from a thick piece of cardboard.
I covered it with a sheet of retro grunge paper.
I then started by putting some chipboard letters onto squares of grungeboard, then covering with TSS metal, using the TSS tools to define the letters and jazz up the edges. I then smooched on some alcohol ink over the top to give a more grungy look.
I used some more chipboard letters coloured with distress ink and stamped with the 'star background' stamp, using the bubble as one of the O's, but it looked a little bare so I filled it by stamping the star inside.
I used the 'I'm forever blowing bubbles' mabel stamp coloured with my copics and then grungied up with distress inks.
 I stamped the 2 largest stars from the 'Star Plethora' plate, 1 on metal {which I embossed slightly} and one on grunge, and layered them up, and the finishing touches were a couple of retro grunge paper roses and an idea-ology hinge clip to hang it.
***
 And here is the finished door hanger perfect for any little Mabel's room
Thanks for stopping by, Until next time 
Stay Inky

4 comments:

Kat said...

Love the retro feel to your creation,
I would never have put TSS metal with a cute stamp like this,
well done, love it!
Kat.

craftytrog said...

Love grungy mabel! The metal is fab! xx

Sid said...

Super door hanger Hels !

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

How stunning is this! love it
xx