Thursday 17 February 2011

Secret Love! by Nicky Cresswell

Seeing as February is the month of love and we have 'Love' as our challenge theme I thought I'd carry on sharing the love by making this little gift.
On the outside one might think this is a book, with it's barn door & aged mahogany distress ink coloured chipboard covers { I used 2 A6 book blanks, 1 whole and 1 cut in half}, and charcoal black paint stamped baroque background and fancy clasp.
But the inside reveals
 It is in fact
A photo frame!
Created by firstly folding a piece of red card in half, and folding the sides in to the middle, open out again and cut triangles from the top 2 sides which will create two pockets when you fold back up.
Cut a shape from the top middle section of the card, I used my slice and cut a heart but you can use any method or shape, and also do your stamping now, I used a selection of the Romance stamps, inked in both red and black and highlighted with a white pen.
Next you're going to want to fold your card back in half, and place a thickish piece of card inside the middle section slightly smaller in width, run an embossing tool along each edge to create not only the 2 strip spaces which are needed to glue your frame in place but also to give enough thickness to allow you to place a photo inside. Remove the thick card and glue the 2 channels you have just created.
{just to demonstrate i have added a pic, and yes it is me when i was about 8 and i absolutely loved A-HA!!}
Moving swiftly on.....
Then all that is needed is to glue your outer covers to the back and sides.
I hope you enjoyed my project today... 
Leave me a comment and i will pick one lucky person to win it! minus my photo of course lol 
I'll announce the winner next time I post which will be the 27th feb.
Until then stay crafty x

10 comments:

Ann said...

WOW!! That's soooo clever Minxy, really love this, will make a fab pressie :D.........Lurve the background stamp & fancy clasp too xxx

Helen said...

This is just gorgeous! Not sure about your taste in music though - I hope it's changed as you've grown up, lol!!

Artyjen said...

Hey that's a great idea! Like the posters...Morten was a bit of alright ;)LOL
xoxo Sioux

Sid said...

Love the frame and especially love the fastening !!

Anonymous said...

It looks brilliant Nicky, & great explanation too! Love the cute photo! xxx

Jingle said...

Beautiful, Minxy!!!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

How cool, a wonderful little booklet.

shirley said...

Gorgeous! Love the colour/pattern and the clasp.

Rachelxx said...

Love this project Minxy :-)

Minxy said...

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments x